Sorry I missed last weeks New Comics Day, but I’m back to let you know which of the new comics coming out today are worth your 2.99, or 3.99, or 4.99, or…..
Written by: Grant Morrison
Drawn by: Chris Burnham
• BATMAN and TALIA AL GHUL continue their fight for control of their son DAMIAN – better known as ROBIN!
• WINGMAN and REDBIRD descent upon GOTHAM CITY! Who are these heroes, and what is their relationship to THE DARK KNIGHT?
The Batman Incorporated train keeps a rollin’ along and Morrison’s opus is drawing closer and closer to its epic conclusion as he will be leaving the title early next year. It’s not too late to hop on board and take the ride.
Written by: Scott Snyder
Drawn by: Greg Capullo
• The Joker returns in “DEATH OF THE FAMILY”!
• He crippled Batgirl. He killed Robin. What will The Joker do now that he’s returned to Gotham City?
• What must Batman do to protect his secret identity and that of those who fight alongside him?
Oh man, this one is going to be so good. The Joker finally shows up in the New 52 Universe, with his face stapled on (it was cut off in the 1st issue of Detective Comics last year) and is ready to leave his mark on the Bat Family. I’ve read some previews of this issue and holy shit I can’t wait to read the whole thing. Snyder looks to continue his winning streak with the “Death in the Family” story arc (which runs through all the Bat books). DO. NOT. MISS. THIS.
Comic book covers need to grab your eye right from the get go. They need to make you stop and pick up that comic and go, “Shit, I need to buy this.” Here are the 5 best comics that did just that in the month of September.
5. Avengers Assemble #7
This cover takes full advantage of every inch of the paper, giving us a giant Thanos with his fist taking up most of the space. The reflections of The Avengers in Thanos’ knuckles is a nice touch.
In the latest and final issue of Marvel’s epic summer event comic Avengers vs. X-men #12 my town of Sacramento gets props.
Check it out…
It is sorta funny that Sacramento gets mentioned after towns like Paris, Sydney, and Beijing. Regardless, it was a nice surprise last night when I read the comic. (But both me and my girlfriend couldn’t figure out what part of Sacramento that panel shows. K Street? Broadway? Oak Park?)
Go buy these 10 Comics 10 Comics 10 Comics 10 Comics 10 Comics 10 Comics 10 Comics 10 Comics 10 Comics 10 Comics 10 Comics 10 Comics 10 Comics 10 Comics 10 Comics 10 Comics 10 Comics 10 Comics 10 Comics 10 Comics 10 Comics 10 Comics 10 Comics 10 Comics……
Written by: Jeff Lemire
Drawn by: Steve Pugh, Timothy Green II, & Joseph Silver
• It’s the story you’ve been waiting for: “ROTWORLD: THE RED KINGDOM”!
• Part one of a four-part epic in which the Earth has fallen to the Rot!
• Guest-starring Justice League Dark, Beast Boy and many other heroes and villains from the DC Universe!
Thank God, the DC books are back from the ZERO issues and on to the normal numbering. I’ve loved Animal Man since the start of the New 52 – it’s been one of the best of the bunch. Lemire is killing it. Also killing it is artist Steve Pugh and Timothy Green II (who is a good friend and I’m stoked that he is doing well in the comics world. I remember Timothy and me would spend late nights in the Lyons restaurant drawing comics and eating fries. Even back then the dude could draw the shit out things).